Foreverfamily appreciates the opportunity to partner with local colleges and universities to enhance student learning through hands-on experience with our organization and programs.
Please review the information below about our current internship opportunities.
Benefits of an Internship at Foreverfamily
Foreverfamily invests heavily in developing the leadership and professional skills of our interns. Below are some benefits past interns have identified:
Gain valuable knowledge about the process and structure of a non-profit
- Obtain management experience
- Enhance communication, critical thinking, organizational, and leadership skills
- Use your skills and talents to address relevant and critical social justice issues
- Interact directly with marginalized population through service
To be considered for an internship with Foreverfamily, you must:
- Be enrolled in (or graduated from) college. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred but an Associate’s degree is okay.
- Understand that Foreverfamily internships are part-time, unpaid positions. We strongly encourage and are happy to assist you in securing internship credit at your school.
- Work a minimum of 8 hours per week which must include at least 4 hours a day, two days a week for at least one semester. However, a year-long commitment is preferred but not required.
- Participate in 3 prison trips if a semester-long intern and 6 trips if a year-long intern.
- Have an interest in criminal justice, youth development, and//or nonprofits.
- Possess effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Interns must be able to communicate with youth, peers, and adults.
- Be a quick learner with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, flexible environment.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and organization.
- Be technologically savvy. Interns must be literate and fluent in the operation of Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Demonstrate professional and personal maturity. Interns must be good at setting boundaries and use sound judgment.
- Be able and comfortable solving problems independently and creatively.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Desire and be able to be part of a team.
We seek motivated, competent leaders for these roles
Fall 2020 – Not Accepting Applications
Spring 2021 – 1 Position Available (MUST have office administration experience)
Summer 2021 – Applications Accepted STARTING Jan. 1, 2021
Fall 2021 – Applications Accepted STARTING May 1, 2021
How to Apply
If you are interested in an internship, please do not also submit a volunteer application.
1) Complete the Online Application
2) Email your resume and cover letter, to the Internship Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not call to verify if your application was received. It takes 48 business hours to process your materials. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 48 hours, feel free to send a follow-up email.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications are processed year-round. We hire interns the semester BEFORE the internship is scheduled to begin.