Foreverfamily appreciates the opportunity to partner with local colleges and universities to enhance student learning through hands-on experience with our organization and programs.
Please take a moment to review the information below regarding our current internship opportunities. If you are interested, please follow the link to apply: https://forms.gle/B6pBzULrsBLTSfGf8
Benefits of an Internship at Foreverfamily
Foreverfamily invests heavily in developing the leadership and professional skills of our interns. Below are some benefits past interns have identified:
Gain valuable knowledge about the process and structure of a non-profit
- Obtain management experience
- Enhance communication, critical thinking, organizational, and leadership skills
- Use your skills and talents to address relevant and critical social justice issues
- Interact directly with marginalized population through service
To be considered for an internship with Foreverfamily, you must:
- Be enrolled in (or graduated from) college. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred but an Associate’s degree is okay.
- Understand that Foreverfamily internships are part-time, unpaid positions. We strongly encourage and are happy to assist you in securing internship credit at your school.
- Work a minimum of 8 hours per week which must include at least 4 hours a day, two days a week for at least one semester. However, a year-long commitment is preferred but not required.
- Participate in 3 prison trips if a semester-long intern and 6 trips if a year-long intern.
- Have an interest in criminal justice, youth development, and//or nonprofits.
- Possess effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Interns must be able to communicate with youth, peers, and adults.
- Be a quick learner with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, flexible environment.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and organization.
- Be technologically savvy. Interns must be literate and fluent in the operation of Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Demonstrate professional and personal maturity. Interns must be good at setting boundaries and use sound judgment.
- Be able and comfortable solving problems independently and creatively.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Desire and be able to be part of a team.
We seek motivated, competent leaders for these roles
Spring 2024 – Applications Accepted STARTING October 1, 2024
How to Apply
If you are interested in an internship, please do not also submit a volunteer application.
1) Complete the Online Application
2) Email your resume and cover letter, to the Internship Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not call to verify if your application was received. It takes 48-72 business hours to process your materials. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 48 hours, feel free to send a follow-up email.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications are processed year-round. We hire interns the semester BEFORE the internship is scheduled to begin.