Youth Development Program Assistant (YDPA)
Description: YDPA intern will assist in direct service to children and families. Specifically, this intern will help with the planning and implementation of Foreverfamily’s Youth Engagement Zone (YEZ), which focuses on developing and celebrating youth voice as a method for transforming the community.
Requirements: YDPA intern must:
- Work at least two weekdays (Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm), be available on the second Saturday of each month, from 5:30am-7: 30 pm, and be available for the youth retreat and summit. (Dates to be determined)
- Have experience with and genuine interest in/concern for youth development. Intern must be able and willing to set boundaries, discipline, be transparent, and have an open mind.
- Have experience with/interest in community and grassroots organizing.
- Be culturally competent. Have experience/understanding of urban, Black youth.
- Suggested majors: Education, Psychology, Sociology, Criminal Justice, Communication, Event Planning
Responsibilities: The YDPA Intern will report to senior staff and will assist in the planning and implementation of YEZ including but not limited to:
- Facilitating needs assessment sessions at youth-serving organizations.
- Analyzing data from sessions to determine 2-4 challenges most prominent to community youth.
- Recruiting, interviewing, and selecting youth design team members.
- Recruiting, onboarding, and supervising volunteers for the youth retreat and summit.
- Planning and coordinating details for the retreat and summit, including communicating with registrants and families, securing in-kind donations, communicating with vendors, and inviting community stakeholders.
- Creating and managing the Eventbrite page and social media platforms for the YEZ Summit.
- Implementing a PR strategy to inform community youth about YEZ Summit.
- Researching and coordinating service opportunities for YEZ Summit.
- Implementing evaluation tools to assist the agency in measuring impact.
- Assisting with grant compliance and proposal writing for YEZ.
- Seeking sponsors for the YEZ retreat and summit.
- Speaking publicly about YEZ and Ff at meetings, workshops, and conferences.