Foreverfamily’s 4th Annual 30 Days of Back2Skool campaign is an opportunity for individuals to work together to raise $10,000 from July 1st – August 1st, 2014 to support Foreverfamily’s Children’s Program.
30 Days of Back2Skool aims to:
- Demonstrate why Foreverfamily’s work matters
- Depict how Foreverfamily kids, who have every reason to be consumed by their own struggles, are instead harnessing their strength and ability to create solutions to address issues plaguing their community through service learning
- Raise $10,000 to provide service learning programming next year for 40 Foreverfamily kids
Why? Service learning programming allows youth to use their own knowledge and skills to address real challenges in the community. Service learning is associated with improved academic performance, increased civic engagement, development of leadership and critical thinking skills, and an increased concern and caring for others. Serving others empowers self and community!
WE NEED YOUR HELP: We must raise $10,000 in order to continue providing Foreverfamily youth with the opportunity to engage in service learning programming during the upcoming school year. Invest in our village—every dollar goes back into the community through the children themselves and through their service to others.
You may also donate by clicking below. Please write “Back2Skool” in the comments box.
HOW YOU CAN BE PART OF THE VILLAGE:
1) DONATE: Good intentions are great, but we absolutely need money to keep this transformative program funded. A donation form is enclosed with this letter. No gift is too small!
2) EXPAND THE VILLAGE: Share our story and fundraiser with your friends, family and colleagues.
3) STAY INVOLVED: Subscribe to our weekly email and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay updated on our campaign progress as well as other opportunities to get involved.
Suggested DONATION LEVELS:
$50: Receive a personalized Thank You card, signed by our program participants
$100: Receive an original copy of “Letters to Mrs. Obama”, a bound compilation of reflections written by our 2013-2014 participants
$200: Be a “Guest of Honor” at one of our monthly Family Dinners
$500: Receive two complimentary race entry tickets to our upcoming 5K4Kids on September 27th in Piedmont Park. Two long sleeve race shirts included
$1,000: Fund an ENTIRE YEAR of program for a child. In honor of your generosity, a yearlong scholarship in your name will be established.