Make a Difference
Find out how you can support our Back2Skool Campaign!
Foreverfamily would not be where we are without the loyal support of individuals, foundations, corporations and government agencies. You can help us continue to bring hope to our kids. To make a donation, visit our online donation center or contact our Director of Development at (404) 223-1200.
Purchase a Foreverfamily Pendant
You can now support Foreverfamily by wearing this beautiful sterling silver pendant, created by Jill Felts, the owner of Compelling Creations. A percentage of each purchase is given directly to Foreverfamily. This pendant is 2cm in diameter and has Foreverfamily's mission written on the inside of the tag.
There are many other ways you can help. Our single biggest need is for unrestricted support. When you allow us to apply your gift of cash (or appreciated securities) where it is most needed, we are diligent in making sure that your gift derives its best possible return. Or, if you choose, you can elect to support some of our specific programs:
- Scholarships: Foreverfamily is proud of the accomplishments of children graduating our programs and going on to college. The Ruth & Ed Dressel Scholarship Fund was established by Paula Dressel, Foreverfamily’s first Board President, in memory of her parents. This Fund provides scholarship money for selected young adults in our program who are graduating from high school and heading to college. Contributions are appreciated.
- After School Program: Tuesday and Thursday, we provide an after school program for children from age 6-17. They receive homework help, computer training, counseling and a nutritious meal. You can help underwrite the cost of materials and food.
- Family Visitation Program: We provide free transportation every other month so that kids can visit their parents in prison. Due to distance of the prisons and cost, for many we are the only way they get to see their parent. You can help us defray the cost of transportation and food for these visits.
- Teen Leadership Program: Designed specially for teens, we help develop leadership skills these young adults will be able to use throughout the rest of their lives. Help us by providing funds for materials and expenses.
- Camp AIM High: Each summer, Foreverfamily takes 60 children to camp in a rural setting where they have time to swim, play games, learn various crafts and build leadership skills for the teens. For many, this is their only experience outside of a city. We accept donations at every level to support the camp. We also seek corporate sponsorship. A corporate sponsor will be recognized on the Foreverfamily website for one full year. Sponsors will also be appropriately recognized by the Executive Director and other staff members who present before various organizations. Corporate sponsorship starts at $1,000. Above $1,000, Foreverfamily is willing to negotiate other ways to recognize a corporation.
- Foreverfamily Endowment: The Foreverfamily Endowment account is managed by the Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta. We picked The Community Foundation because of the strength of its asset management and its involvement in the Atlanta community. The endowment is currently small, but we are working to build it. For large contributions, we can offer certain tax planning counsel. Please call us for more information.
In addition to cash gifts, we are happy to receive certain types of in-kind gifts:
- Computers. If you have computers or other pieces of equipment that have reached the end of their useful life for you, they may still have value to us.
- Tickets to athletic events that can be used by our kids and volunteer chaperones. Other types of entertainment tickets may also be welcomed.
- Office equipment.
- Vans to help us transport our young people.
- Subscriptions for books and magazines for children and teens.